St Michael’s is an Anglican (Church of England) church in the village of Woolmer Green in Hertfordshire. Built between 1899 and 1900 by public subscription, the church is one of two churches in the Parish of Welwyn and Woolmer Green, the other being St Mary’s in Welwyn. Prior to the church being built, Sunday services had been held in the village school, which we continue to have an excellent relationship with.
Today the church seeks to serve the people of the village and wider parish in facilitating encounters with God, whether that be at a baptism, wedding or funeral, or in our normal Sunday service, at the heart of what we strive to be is a community rooted in the hope and love of Jesus Christ.
St Michael’s is part of The Welwyn Team, which is comprised of six local Anglican churches; St Mary’s, Welwyn, St Giles, Codicote, St Peter’s, Ayot St Peter, All Saints, Datchworth, St Peter’s, Tewin and St Michael’s, Woolmer Green. We are supported by five clergy and five lay readers who make up the Ministry Team.
We invite you to join us on this journey as we seek to live out that call on all Christians to be people of good news as we grow our community in faith and in love.